The main point of entry for any burglar are the windows. These can be lifted out easily and quickly. Modern security technology has created effective barriers. The window experts know: Burglars are under time pressure! As soon as a burglar realizes that a break-in will take longer than planned they will quickly give up and look for a different house.
Burglar proof windows and doors should have the following:
* Sash hinges with sufficient mushroom head bolts.
* Sufficient fixed security locking plates in the frame.
* Lockable security handle with anti-drilling device.
* Vandal and burglar-proof multipane insulated glass.
* Glazing beads, either glued or screwed in, to prevent leverage of the glass.
* Installation using metal wall plugs or special screws that do not require wall plugs. Fixing within the prescribed spacing especially where the locks are.